Coaches play a unique and indispensable role in the success of the Richardson Roadrunners. In addition to providing the important sports skills and instruction athletes need to succeed, Special Olympics coaches are also role models that encourage and inspire athletes to strive to reach their potential in both sports and life. Our coaches give Special Olympics athletes an immediate awareness of their own worth, courage and ability to grow and improve to the highest capacity.
Special Olympics coaches:
* Obtain necessary facilities and equipment for training.
* Help to recruit athletes and assistant coaches.
* Assist athletes in learning sports skills.
* Encourage confidence and self-esteem through sport.
* Conduct demonstrations in the community.
Special Olympics coaches often find that the personal rewards received are equal to or even outweigh the benefits they offer the athletes. Our coaches have a unique opportunity to work with athletes in competitive situations and to assist in their training for life.